[TriLUG] Installfest question

Justin Johnson justin at deepbluesoftware.com
Thu Feb 27 11:29:11 EST 2003

Hey all,

I have a laptop that I use for 'couch coding' and surfing that
is currently running XP. I need to keep XP on it for development
purposes, but I really would like to install linux as I am trying
to move away from Windows as my primary OS at home.

Problem is that I only have a 4gb drive in this laptop. I can pick up
a 20-40 GB drive at Intrex, butI would need to image my current OS up
to a server, swap drives and then restore the image to a partition on
the new drive before instaling linux. I've used PowerQuest drive image
in the past to do imaging, but I don't  have a copy of that. Is there
a way to do what I want with linux tools, and if so, would that be beyond
the scope of the installfest?

Just wondering....

Thanks,
Justin