[TriLUG] Installfest question

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Thu Feb 27 11:45:04 EST 2003

if your laptop has an onboard ethernet port (mini-PCI, not pcmcia) then G4U
can be used to image the current disk quite easily, then copy it back to the
new disk.  failing that, it gets a little more compicated since we're dealing
with a laptop drive instead of a standard drive.  my advice: spend a few
extra bucks and get a 2.5" to 3.5" disk adapter, intrex may sell them,
stayonline sells them for sure.  then you can stick it in a regular PC and
image it using G4U, dd, whatever.  and yes, we can help you do that at the
installfest.  but arrive early, disk imaging can take a while, especially on
a slow laptop drive.

jason