[TriLUG] Install-fest

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Feb 27 13:51:11 EST 2003

RHN does make keeping RedHat updated alot easier than in years past. I've
been using it since 7.1. I have one server that I use it with 6.2, but it's
kinda freaky on 6.2. With that said, apt-get is a wonderful tool as well. I
have had debian running and it's nice. You can now run apt4rpm from
freshmeat on a redhat box, but it gets it's updates from freshrpms instead
of RedHat. IMHO they both do a good job of checking dependancies, but this
needs improvement.

I still haven't figured out how to remove dependancies with either on the
command line. Learning curve time.