[TriLUG] OT - survey needs people, pays $100

Greg Cox glcox at pobox.com
Thu Feb 27 14:13:42 EST 2003

> > i'm participating in a market research study that needs a few more people.
> > the study takes about two hours and pays $100 for your time.  if you are
> > interested and meet ***all*** of the requirements below contact me offline
> > and i'll hook you up with the organizer:
> >
> > 1. Combined household income greater than 100K (if you meet all other
> > requirements min. is 75K)
> > 2. REGULARLY USES A BLACKBERRY PAGER
> > 3. MUST be someone that is interested in new technology and will purchase a
> > new technology before everyone has it.
> > 4. MUST have some interest in a converged phone/PDA device.
> > 5. MUST own and use a cell phone for personal or business use.
> > 6. Between the AGES OF 30-5O.
>
> Sounds like a good scam, especially #3.
>
> Personally, I'd prefer not to see things like this on the trilug
> list, so please don't post something like this again

I'm actually glad Jason posted it.  The criteria they listed (especially
#2 and 3) make me suspect/hope that the Danger Hiptop
(http://www.danger.com) may be launched here soon.  Which is something
I've drooled over since T-Mobile launched it in other areas last year.

Because, hey, major coverage could mean phone, web, AIM, and (with an
SDK release) SSH in a reasonable form factor.  Which would rule.

And that's much more interesting than a half dozen messages spanking
it over what a project/company was/is named.