[TriLUG] OT - survey needs people, pays $100

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 27 14:43:52 EST 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 02:32:14PM -0500, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> You thought it would be a good opportunity to earn a little extra
> income, even though they require that you *must* earn at least 100K
> already.  Good grief.  The people who need a little extra income
> don't earn nearly that much.  No, at least the way you presented it,
> it comes across as just a slick way for people to market their product
> to people that would have the money to buy it.  And that, in my book,
> is spam, which doesn't belong on this list, especially since I still
> have yet to see what this has to do with Linux.

To try and throw some water on the fire:

The company is HumanCentric Technologies of Cary.  They are a usability
testing firm.  They do not market products themselves, they do human
factors testing for other firms.

Their studies usually require you to sign a NDA before participating.  They
do not attempt to sell you anything, nor can you buy the prototypes under
test, even if you want one badly. :-)

I've participated in several of their studies.  Easy money.

--Brian "mental mercenary" Daniels

--
Question with boldness even the existence of a god;
because if there be one he must approve of the

--Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 10, 1787

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net