[TriLUG] Postings and Etiquette

prhodes at vdsinc.com prhodes at vdsinc.com
Fri Feb 28 19:09:33 EST 2003

> 1>        The post was sent put from a person to the entire group without
bias. It was an offer to anyone on the
>  list who wanted to respond. If you don't then don't, that's fine.

>2>       What makes up this and any other community is people. My opinion
is, we are people first and need to resect one
>        an other as such and linux geeks second. If somebody tries to do
something nice for a group of people they respect
 >      I feel we should be respectful in return.

+1 (Insightful)

All of this has been said before, but my feelings on the original post are
this:

1.  Somebody was doing something they thought might be useful to others on
the list.

2.  It was marked OT and had a very accurate subject line. Anybody who
didn't want to read it, wasn't
     under any obligation to do so and wasn't mislead into thinking it was
something it wasn't.

3.  Speaking as a normal list user (because that's all I am), I don't have
a problem with it.

TTYL,

Phillip Rhodes
Application Designer
Voice Data Solutions
919-571-4300 x225
prhodes at vdsinc.com

Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it.
Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing
government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or
exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.  - Abraham Lincoln

No citizen shall be denied the right to bear arms, if as a last resort, to
protect themselves from tyranny in Government. - Thomas Jefferson