[TriLUG] CUPS printing trouble

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 3 11:45:22 EST 2003

I had printing with CUPS working on my debian machine.  Then I played with
several new software packages.  Then I could not print from my debian
machine.  I could still print from MS machines. On the debian machine, I
removed the printer and reinstalled it using KDE Control Center.  Now I can
print from the debian machine again. The printer is a Samba shared printer to
the Debian machine.  Physically, the printer is hanging off of an MS machine.

Has anybody else had an experience like this?

I am inclined to to think that installing and removing packages (or rpms) can
degrade a working system.  If so, what is the probability of it happening?
(likely, maybe, infrequently)

Is it common practice on this list to have a regression test that is run
after each upgrade on a machine?
--
Mike M.