[TriLUG] Critical sendmail vulnerability

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Mar 3 17:33:44 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 17:23, JoJo Almario wrote:
> As part of the Redhat Network up2date subscription, I get these
> e-mails.  RHN Updates have really allowed me to keep on top off all
> security vulnerabilities...might wanna check it out. www.redhat.com.

I get these too, but they're always delayed somewhat from the initial
release of the errata.  I don't know if this is on purpose to avoid
having the servers overloaded, or something wrong with my email.

> Nonetheless, Jeremy gets extreme cool points for posting the " heads up"
> on the list.

I need to forward credit to Jeremy Katz for mentioning it on the IRC
channel.

Another great way to say alert to these types of things is the CERT
advisory mailing list -- see http://www.cert.org/advisories/
(send email with a body of "subscribe cert-advisory" to
majordomo at cert.org), though Jeremy mentioned it on IRC before I got my
copy of the CERT advisory.

--Jeremy