[TriLUG] Simple spamassassin question

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Mar 4 13:03:51 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 12:41, Reginald Reed wrote:
> I'm using Spamassassin locally as you described and it's working great.
> I just have a crap load of old emails that I can't just nuke.  I'll stop
> being lazy and come up with a solution.

Here's an idea for something you can do:
	formail -s spamassassin < mboxfile > mboxfile.tagged

Formail (part of the procmail package) will take the input mboxfile and
separate it into individual messages, and then run spamassassin for each
message.  I've redirected the output to mboxfile.tagged.

Then, open up the mboxfile.tagged in your favorite mail program, sort by
subject, and delete (or move) all the spam.

--Jeremy