[TriLUG] artifact of improper shutdown?

lfwelty lfwelty at redback.com
Fri Mar 7 08:37:23 EST 2003

up2date is failing.

prophet|ROOT:lfwelty-11# up2date
up2date: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0: cannot read file data: Invalid argument
prophet|ROOT:lfwelty-12# rpm -qf /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0
glib2-2.0.6-2
prophet|ROOT:lfwelty-13# rpm -V glib2
.M?.....   /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0.0.6
prophet|ROOT:lfwelty-14# ls -al /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0.0.6
?---------    1 root     root        14976 Aug 13  2002 /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0.0.6

my UPS bought it the other day (I think I overloaded it and
fried the circuitry) - so I'm without a UPS and have experienced
occasional outages w/ power events; BUT I am running ext3 and the
journal has been recovered successfully on boot each time.

Is this an artifact of improper shutdown or something more ominous. The
system is my ssh gw via TWC.

I'll do a google and see what turns up.

Thanks,

F.
  lfwelty at nc.rr.com: Earth is a beta site, I just wish that damn
                     pink elephant would give me my mouse back.