[TriLUG] DVD problem

Jeff Jackowski jeffj1 at hiwaay.net
Fri Mar 7 17:21:29 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Frank Hale wrote:

>> I have installed redhat 8.0 and can't read dvd's.
>> Any idea.
>>
>> I have a dvdrw and some linux format disks.  I can
>> read the cd's fine but can't recognize the linux
>> format dvd.
>
>Shouldn't the format be UDF? I could be wrong though.

I've been able to mount DVD's with both ISO9660 and UDF with kernels 2.4.9
and later (that is same disk, different filesystem driver). But maybe
neither filesystem constitutes this "linux format"?  Could something like
ext2 have been used? Or maybe the drive doesn't like the DVD-RW in
question?

--
Jeff Jackowski
        http://ro.com/~jeffj/