[TriLUG] cpu temp

Matt Matthews jvm at linuxgames.com
Sat Mar 8 22:14:31 EST 2003

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003 21:37:01 -0500
Chris Hedemark <chrish at trilug.org> wrote:
> On Saturday, March 8, 2003, at 12:29 PM, Merle Watts wrote:
> [really offensive HTML snipped]
>
> Wanna resend without the graphics in the way of the text?

Came through fine in my client. All I saw was plaintext, and his message was perfectly readable, although if I'd wanted I could have tried to look at his HTML and the image.

To address the original question, lmsensors used to work only with specific hardware. Have you checked to see if your hardware is supported? For my uses, on my Dell laptop, the i8kutils give me access to that hardware information. Try looking at freshmeat.net for more alternatives, perhaps specific to your hardware.

Regards,
matt

jvm at linuxgames.com
http://curmudgeon.linuxgames.com  | Thoughts on games, any type or system