[TriLUG] Debian vs Mandrake vs Redhat vs . . .

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Mar 10 18:44:26 EST 2003

I've been using Mandrake for many years and I find it to be quite stable
and reliable.  I recommend Mandrake or Debian.

The one requirement that boots RedHat off your list is FreeSwan.  RedHat
does not support FreeSwan so if you want to use it with RedHat then
you'll have to patch and regenerate the kernel.  Mandrake comes with
FreeSwan built into the kernel.

OpenBSD is a personal favorite and also comes with IPSec built in, plus
it is extremely secure.

Enjoy - Jon Carnes