[TriLUG] Debian vs Mandrake vs Redhat vs . . .

Heath Holcomb bluetea at nc.rr.com
Mon Mar 10 20:53:13 EST 2003

Chris Hedemark wrote:

> On Monday, March 10, 2003, at 06:20 PM, Heath Holcomb wrote:
>
>> Of course, if you want to buy a support contract Red Hat is the way to
>> go.
>

> Mind if I ask if you have experience with Red Hat's support
> organization?  Have you opened tickets?  Were they acted upon?  Fixed,
> even?
>
> Reason I ask is that after experiencing Red Hat's support organization I
> cannot recommend to any of my friends at TriLUG to throw their money at
> this service.

Not personally, although I do know a couple of people who have these
contracts and I haven't heard anything negative from them. Compared to
Debian and some other distros it's certainly much easier to obtain a
support contract with Red Hat, which is why I mentioned it.

Of course, if you have some specific complaint about it then I'm
certainly willing to accept your testimony.

Regards,

Heath

--
Heath Holcomb