[TriLUG] Debian vs Mandrake vs Redhat vs . . .

H Brett Bolen brettb at nc.rr.com
Tue Mar 11 09:31:55 EST 2003

"Redhat has their Devotees, Mandrake has their Fans,
  and Debian has their Bigots".   -- anonymous.

I use mandrake for play, and redhat for work.  I'm
interested in debian ( and gentoo as well).

The reason I  use mandrake at home is that it comes out
more often than redhat -- and therefore it has newer/cooler
toys.  A full mandrake install seems to have more 'stuff' than
a full redhat install.  The latest mandrake is usually more
current than the latest redhat ( not always ).  This can be
taken as good or bad.

I'm sure many will disagree with me.

Sometimes, all choices are good choices ( and othertimes, there
are no right choices).

b²

-- H Brett Bolen
-- TCNi