[TriLUG] Spamassassin question - Bayesian filtering

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 13:45:27 EST 2003

Jeremy,

I'd love to get some hands on just getting started with Spamassassin!!  I've
been running sendmail for over a year now at home for my xyz.net domain and I
don't really use it for anything on a daily basis, hardly even close friends
b/c I don't wanna have tons of spam... which is inevitible once you start using
a certain email address.  I setup my roommate with an email account, he uses it
often, but I don't use it yet. (thus still my yahoo account)  Not being an
expert in RTFM (I learn better by show and tell)... where does one get a start!
 I'd like to be able to use sendmail in production at my place of work one day
too, and without something like Spamassassin, that would be hard, we get so
much junk on our generic accounts like info, webmaster, recruiter, etc.  I'll
be at the meeting tonite, hopefully to formalize my membership into TriLUG.
See ya there.

David

--- Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp at pobox.com> wrote:
> Good afternoon folks,
>
> I've been playing around with the new Spamassassin, version 2.50, which
> includes Bayesian filtering (see http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html for
> the paper about this, mentioned at ESR's talk, and see the man page for
> the "sa-learn" command).

<<snip>>