[TriLUG] Sound problem

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Fri Mar 14 22:06:00 EST 2003

if your motherboard has onboard audio, make sure it is disabled.  you don't
want this, you only want the SB card to provide sound.  you can ignore the
modprobe messages, redhat always puts a few lines in modules.conf to
load/unload sound modules whether they exist or not.  if you're running kde,
try turning the alsa soundserver on/off to see if that changes anything.

jason