[TriLUG] problems sending mail through trilug.org

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Sun Mar 16 21:26:56 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 16:46, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> SSL works fine on the TriLUG servers for IMAP over SSL, in all versions
> of mozilla (well, 1.0 through 1.3).  It's just the SMTP over SSL that
> doesn't work.  That's why I'm not sure if it's a problem with our
> certificate, because you would think mozilla uses the same SSL code for
> both IMAP and SMTP.  But maybe not?

I believe I mentioned this in another message, but if not I'll repeat
it.  One of the things I found while investigating this problem leads
me to believe that the reason mozilla might not work for smtp while
working with imap is that the certificates are different.  This would
either be because people are using the same name for both imap and smtp
(i.e. mail.trilug.org) or because the certificates both claim to be
for localhost.localdomain (since I haven't correctly setup certificates
yet).  Unfortunately, I've done some testing on my home setup which is
almost exactly the same and that leads me to believe that making the
certificates the same won't change much.  So, I"m still investigating.
In any case, fixing our SSL certificates is still high on my list of
things to do.

Cheers,
Tanner Lovelace
--