[TriLUG] [OT] Inexpensive Wi-Fi Card Locally?

D. McLamb dmclamb72 at linuxmail.org
Tue Mar 18 09:21:21 EST 2003

In general, I've had good experience with Netgear; they're usually my first choice for consumer/home grade products (although I still prefer 3COM for traditional NICs).

I got the Netgear MA401 pc card and Netgear MR814 WAP for about $50 after rebates from amazon during a combo special they had in early february.  At that price, it was worth a gamble.

If I were to purchase another wireless access card for general home use, I would go with netgear for cost/quality and I know it runs in linux (at least the MA401).

On a related note, it's amazing how many people have wide open wireless access points running in their homes.