[TriLUG] [Not a joke] AOL is suing me!

Gregory S. Hopper ghopper at netanium.com
Thu Mar 20 11:07:23 EST 2003

What if you were to just drop the capital letters and use a generic
"instant messenger", or change it slightly to "instant messaging"? That
would still work on the web page in question.

Personally, I don't think that "real-time communication service" conveys
the same idea as "instant messaging".  Phone calls, talking, gesturing,
etc. all come under the umbrella of "real-time communication services",
whereas IM'ing (I hope I'm not infringing there) is clearly "real-time
communication services between computers or similar devices like cell
phones."  Maybe you should use that -- I'll bet no one has trademarked
that.  :-)

Greg