[TriLUG] [OT] Win2k boot problem

Brian Payst bpayst at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 23 14:59:02 EST 2003

I had a similar problem on old hardware. The BIOS didn't support large hard
disks and I had one installed as a secondary with a utility loaded in the
MBR that faked the BIOS into seeing the disk (the name escapes me at the
moment, it was from Wstern Digital, I believe). Anyway, GRRUB would never
boot the machine, but LILO was quite happy to for some reason. I never spent
much time figuring it out, LILO worked fine for me for many years and I just
let it be.

So, maybe try a different boot loader ?

Good luck,
Brian