[TriLUG] file size limit

Chris MacLeod stick at miscellaneous.net
Mon Mar 24 11:35:35 EST 2003

With solaris you have to mount ufs partitions with the 'largefiles'
option in order to write anything larger than 2GB.  Unless you are
running solaris in 64bit mode (on a compatible 64bit architecture -yes I
knew someone that tried-) then partitions are automatcialy mounted with
the largefiles option.  If I remember right most modern solaris
installations default to having largefiles on.  (anything after 7) but
I haven't played around with 8 or 9 so I can't say for sure.

Stick