[TriLUG] OT schools

Nathan Conrad conrad at bungled.net
Mon Mar 24 18:12:27 EST 2003

Hi,

I am currently going to UNC-C and working towards a double major of CS
and electrical engineering. Looking through our course catalog, I do
not see many classes that have to do with network
administration. As noted before, the BS degree in CS has fair bit of
theort, but less than UNC has. As always, there are some bad teachers
here, but I have found the majority of mine to be excellent. There is
also a BA degree available in information sciences.

One problem that I ran into last semseter is that there are few campus
events, especially on weekends. This does not matter so much now since
I have acquired a group of friends that are here usualy. About 30-40%
of my building leave over the weekends.

As for Linux, it is not used on campus. We have a number of Solaris
labs and Netware/Windows2K setups. I was thinking about starting up a
LUG here, but got involved with fencing instead. There are some
Linux users here (a few percent of CS majors....).

-Nathan

--
Nathan J. Conrad   (XXX)-687-7449    http://bungled.net
312 Moore Hall // UNC-C // Charlotte, NC 28223-0001