[TriLUG] USB Port Replicator

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Wed Mar 26 10:21:12 EST 2003

I have a Belkin F5U120-PC that I've been using for some time. It has
4usb ports, 2 PS/2, 1 DB9 RS-232, and 1 DB25 Parallel. My laptop is
running RH8. It also worked when I was running RH7.3.

I use a PS/2 keyboard and a USB mouse, both connected to the Belkin
unit. I set up my XF86Config so that both the USB mouse and the built in
touch pad are active. When I come in, I just connect the monitor to the
external VGA port on the laptop and plug in the USB connection to the
Belkin and forget I'm even using a laptop.

The only issue I've had with the Belkin unit is that I can't get my
PalmV to sync through the serial port on it. My laptop doesn't have any
RS-232 ports and I'd like to be able to sync. It hasn't been a show
stopper.

I picked the F5U120-PC up on EBay for about $60, new.

Ken