[TriLUG] Volunteers Needed

Mark Turner markt at siteseers.net
Fri Mar 28 10:04:02 EST 2003

There is built-in kernel support for soundcard modems, which can be used
for packet radio. I've used it by plugging a scanner into my soundcard
and decoding APRS packets, a position-reporting protocol. If Linux had
any decent mapping software, this data could be used to populate a nice
real-time map of hams as they drive around.

Alan Cox, GW4PTS, did a lot of this work.

Cheers,
Mark
N4JMT