[TriLUG] sendmail header question

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Fri Mar 28 18:01:31 EST 2003

Well that line would just be the line that sendmail adds when it
processes the message, stating that it originated at the localhost:  if
you were to send a message from your work computer relayed through
sendmail on your bertha machine, you'd see something like:

	by bertha.mydomain.com (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id h2SMD7r20955
	for <trilug at trilug.org>; Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:13:07 -0500

This is the header in my last post, modifiying for example's sake.
Don't worry about it.  In fact you probably can't suppress it without
editing the sendmail.cf file directly.

Joseph