[TriLUG] sendmail header question

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Mar 29 01:04:28 EST 2003

You can also "fake" who you are by using the "Dj<domain_name>" option in
sendmail.cf.  I do this with servers that are running on internal
networks protected by NAT firewalls.  Works a charm.

Example:
  Djtrilug.org

Now stop/restart sendmail and all your mail will be seen as coming from
"trilug.org".

If you want to include your machine's hostname, you can either hard code
it in:
  Djmail.trilug.org

or you can stick the $w variable into the line:
  Dj$w.trilug.org

Should I include that in my Sendmail howto?
  http://www.trilug.org/~jonc/mailserver

Jon

===