[TriLUG] AOL's new email policy

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Mar 29 01:21:33 EST 2003

In the sendmail.mc file this option is referred to as:
   FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl

If you change that to:
   dnl FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl

then you will comment that "feature" out and Sendmail will now test all
emails for resolvable hosts.  It will add the line:
   Kresolve host -a<OK> -T<TEMP>
to sendmail.cf.

Having said that... Don't do it!

A lot of folks have f**ked up MTA's that DO NOT report their domains
correctly. If all you talk to are folks running Unix based Mail servers
that are setup properly, then you will get all your mail, otherwise you
will bounce a lot of legitimate mail from innocent folks who just happen
to work for companies with incompetent Postmasters.

Use SpamAssassin.

Jon