[TriLUG] sendmail header question

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Sat Mar 29 23:00:39 EST 2003

define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp-server.nc.rr.com') in sendmail.mc
sets smtp-server.nc.rr.com as the first hop in all but local mail delivery.

As for the aol.com mail relay rule: it's not sendmail.cf, it's
/etc/mail/mailertable, but then you have to run make to generate the
proper mailertable.db.  But you will have to use it as follows:
aol.com    smtp:smtp-server.nc.rr.com

Of course you're going to need add a line for each of aol, compuserv,
earthlink and anyone else who blocks from a dynamic IP.

Joseph