[TriLUG] AOL's new email policy

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Sat Mar 29 23:10:28 EST 2003

I think you're reading this wrong.  This only rejects if the sender's
e-mail address contains an unresolvable domain.  At least that's what I
think MAIL FROM means.  I'm not an SMTP expert though.

In any case, as with the telephone, e-mail is only reliable if there is
some feedback.  If it's important, the sender will make a second effort
to relay the message.  If it's not important, I don't want to read it
anyway.  Now, I'm not trying to solicit business from this address, and
therefore I care less if I don't know about an e-mail that I miss than I
would on my business e-mail account (not hosted at home).

Joseph