[TriLUG] Postfix conditional Smarthost

William Schulz sws at trilug.org
Mon Mar 31 08:58:06 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 02:12:49AM -0500, Ken Wahl wrote:
> Related to the AOL thread:
>
> I'm delivering mail for myself of my dialup box and get bounced by
> *.*.rr.com and a couple others.  For mail to those domains I'd like to
> relay through my ISP's smtp server.

I just did this in response to the dul blocking by AOL, et al.  I've
included notes below, but the setup at home is basically a custom domain
via DynDNS, i.e. I have mail for mydomain.com being delivered to a mail
machine.

> To do this on Postfix *I think* I need to:
>
> edit /etc/postfix/transport to read something like
>
> -------
> my_FQDN local

I did not add this.   I simply added the domain specific lines below.

> rr.com smtp:[smtp.myisp.com]

I did add this (aol.com in my case).  Be sure to add another line for
the subdomains, e.g.

.rr.com	smtp:[smtp.myisp.com]

> edit /etc/postfix/main.cf
>
> ------
> ------

Yes.

> and run postmap /etc/postfix/transport then restart postfix.

Yes.

> Is this correct and do I also have to include
> -----
> masquerade_domains = myisp.net
> -----
> in my main.cf?

Only if you want the outgoing mail to look like it is coming from
myisp.com.  As mine has other domains, I left out the masquerade.

BOL,

SWS

Jester* @ #TriLUG