[TriLUG] moving from RH 8 to Mandrake 9.1

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Tue Apr 1 11:28:11 EST 2003

I went from RH8 to drake9.1 this past weekend. I have /, /home and
/usr/local as seperate filesystems. When I did the drake install, I told
it to only use the partition / is on. The install went fine. Once it was
done, I just added the other two to /etc/fstab. I then added my user
account logged in and almost all of my KDE settings were fine. I was
already using KDE3.1, so that made it a little smoother. Other than
switching from ext2 to ext3, this same /home partition has gone through
RH6.2, drake8, RH7.3, RH8.0 and drake9.1, all without reformatting. You
don't need to reformat.

Ken