[TriLUG] Printing from Mozilla Messenger using CUPS

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Apr 2 09:02:09 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 08:22, Jeff Bollinger wrote:

> Can anyone point me to some documentation, or save me the time and tell
> me how to configure the Mozilla (1.2.1.) Mail client to print a message
> (or I guess to print anything for that matter) using CUPS (which is
> already up and running well on my RedHat 7.3 system)?  I've already
> tried Google briefly, but I didn't find much.  However I did find one
> thing about 'kprinter' which seems interesting, but when I substituted
> it with the default command, it seems like my printing process froze.
>
> The default command to print from Mozilla is the following:
>
> lpr ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}

Have you tried setting the printing command to just "lpr" ?

When you say that CUPS is running well, I assume that means doing
something like "lpr filename" from a command prompt works fine?

You can also print to a .ps file, and then print that file with lpr,
which may help you in debugging this.

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |