[TriLUG] need to rein in WinXP

Chip Davis chip at aresti.com
Thu Apr 3 05:03:08 EST 2003

I just bought a new ThinkPad T30 which came with WindowsXP Pro installed.
Before I can install any OSes I trust (OS/2 Warp/EcomStation, RHL 9) I
need to curb XP's hegemony over the 60G disk.  The whole damn thing is
formatted as an NTFS C: drive.  XP doesn't take up but 5G (does MVS need
that much DASD space these days?) but then there's that peculiar matter
of the hidden "recovery partition".

I have successfully used Partition Magic in the past to rein in Windows'
gluttony but that was before Linux.  Is there a better tool to use when
dealing with UNIX filesystems?

If not, does anyone have a copy of PM I could borrow just long enough to
spank Windows?

Thanks,

-Chip Davis-

Rexx Language Association  <http://www.rexxla.org>
POBox 14472, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-4472
Don't miss the 2003 Rexx Symposium!   4-7 May 2003
Sheraton Imperial, Durham, NC 27703   919-941-5050