[TriLUG] need to rein in WinXP

William Schulz sws at trilug.org
Thu Apr 3 08:41:29 EST 2003

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:03:08AM +0000, Chip Davis wrote:
> I just bought a new ThinkPad T30 which came with WindowsXP Pro installed.
> Before I can install any OSes I trust (OS/2 Warp/EcomStation, RHL 9) I
> need to curb XP's hegemony over the 60G disk.  The whole damn thing is
> formatted as an NTFS C: drive.  XP doesn't take up but 5G (does MVS need
> that much DASD space these days?) but then there's that peculiar matter
> of the hidden "recovery partition".

Maybe that explains why the MDK installer only let me use 9G of the 60GB
drive  installed in this laptop. :(  I wonder if PM would move any data
and allow me to resize the drive more.

Or perhaps my best option is to just reformat and start from scratch. :)

I guess I could download the 27M demo and see what it says.

Thanks for the info,