[TriLUG] installing Mandrake 9.1 from the network

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Sat Apr 5 21:43:43 EST 2003

gregbrown at mindspring.com wrote:

>I have attempted to set up my own Mandrake mirror and, once again, it doesn't seem to work right.  Here's what I did:
>
>1. download the ISOs
>2. create the directory /opt/mirror/mandrake/9.1/Mandrake
>3. mount the first installation CD
>4. create base image RPMS RPMS2 RPMS3 under the Mandrake dir.
>5. copy the RPMS out of RPMS form disk 1 to ./RPMS
>6. copy the images out of images
>7. copy the base stuff out of base
>8. move on to the next CD, copy the info in RPMS2 to ./RPMS2
>

>Any help poinint out where I've gone wrong would be very helpful!  For now I guess I'll reinstall RH 8 via the network (which DOES work from my own mirror).

one thing that may be easier would be to mount the ISO's on the loopback
device, and make links to the RPMS from a single directory.  It won't
work (well) for installs on a single machine, as you were doing, but it
can make things much easier if you are setting up a network install server.

Peace.

john