[TriLUG] RPM on non RH system

Frank Hale (majic) frankhale at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 09:52:41 EDT 2003

Okay I've got RPM installed and somewhat configured on
a Non RedHat system. The distribution I have it on is
Crux. I've sucessfully built my first RPM.

When I try to install this RPM I get a list of
dependencies that are not installed. Basically RPM is
trying to go and find the deps as if they were
installed RPM's which they are not. This is a Crux
system with a vanilla RPM install and no actual
installed RPM's.

How can I configure RPM to ignore all of its known
deps so that I can create my own set of deps. My
intention is to replace the current Crux package
manager with RPM and build a complete set of RPMs for
my system. I will be setting up the deps manually and
therefore want to ignore what RPM is thinking it
should be finding.

Does this make sense? Basically I want RPM to ignore
whatever it thinks the deps should be because I'm
going to create a complete set of RPM's for my system
from scratch and set up the deps as I go.

=====
aka: majic
code: http://sapphire.sf.net , http://aewmpp.sunsite.dk