[TriLUG] virtual hosting

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Tue Apr 8 13:47:47 EDT 2003

i know there are folks on the list who host their own domains from home
on residential class accounts, probably using dynamic DNS and hoping
their ISP doesn't start blocking ports.  instead of doing this, a buddy
of mine and i are setting up a dedicated linux server to host our
domains for web and email (using apache and postfix virtual hosts).
we'll be using a dedicated server with disk redundancy and UPS backup,
and will have a dedicated IP address from a roadrunner business class
account.  we may not get five-nines uptime but it should be more than
adequate for most people.

if anyone is interested in getting an account on the server let me know.
hopefully we can get enough people to keep the monthly cost around $10
or so per domain.

jason