[TriLUG] cdrecord

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Apr 8 15:36:35 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 15:45, Lee Fickenscher wrote:
> I too would believe that this is an issue with cdrecord not finding its
> conf file. I would try the man page for cdrecord and see where it says
> the default conf file should be. AFAIK /etc/default is only used by
> useradd. Also, I believe that the grub.conf change was made by the grub
> people rather than RH (gentoo has also changed), but I certainly won't
> argue that RH tends to play fast and loose with a lot of defaults :-)

I've heard that in many cases, Red Hat changes the file locations in
order to conform with the Linux Standard Base  -
http://www.linuxbase.org/
It's actually the programs themselves that aren't compliant.  I do
appreciate having things called <programname>.conf, for example -- there
are enough details to remember about Linux without stuff like "menu.lst"
to take up a few extra neurons!

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |