[TriLUG] Next Generation...

Darrell Sandiford dsandif at email.unc.edu
Wed Apr 9 12:32:02 EDT 2003

Thanks. Actually, XP was smart enough to see the full disk so I was able
to create my desired partitions.  I did however make one mistake. I got
my dual boot system up and running (RH9\XP) just fine, but then I
decided to take the remaining partition space and format it to a FAT32
partition so that both OS's could see and use it, so I rebooted my
machine, put in the XP boot install disk, formatted  the partition to
FAT32, stopped the XP install before it could start, restarted my system
and now it will only boot into XP which means the Grub configuration has
changed. Outside of reinstalling, (upgrade nor rescue won't work) is
there a way around this so that I can get the system to boot using Grub
and have my OS options displayed again? THxs,

D-