[TriLUG] Need Hardware Recommendation

Paul D. Boyle boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Thu Apr 10 14:01:22 EDT 2003

Hi All,

My department is considering doing an upgrade of it's mail server, and
I am looking for hardware recommendations.  Particularly, vendors who
sell complete systems and have good Linux support at a reasonable price.
The box's main tasks will be to run sendmail, pop, imap, and apache which
provides a web interface to users' mail.  The server usually sends out
about 100 MB of mail/day.  I don't know the stats for incoming mail.
Large attachments aren't uncommon but are limited to 5 MB by University
policy.

Thanks for any suggestions and recommendations.

Paul

Paul D. Boyle			    |	boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Director, X-ray Structural Facility |	phone: (919) 515-7362
Department of Chemistry - Box 8204  |	FAX:   (919) 515-5079
North Carolina State University     |	http://www.xray.ncsu.edu
Raleigh, NC, 27695-8204