[TriLUG] Need Hardware Recommendation

Lee Fickenscher elfick at trilug.org
Thu Apr 10 16:15:20 EDT 2003

Well, I can't give hardware recommendations, but I can give a few vendor
recommendations....
Besides the big boys like IBM, there is:

PogoLinux <www.pogolinux.com> - haven't done business with them, but I
spoke with them at length at LinuxWorld NY03, and they seem to have
their act together... they also operate from Redmond, WA... literally in
the shadow of the evil giant... so you know they have to have big brass
ones...

Monarch Computer <www.monarchcomputer.com> - I have done business with
these guys and have been quite happy with them. They support Linux, but
not exclusively. I haven't ordered complete systems from them so I'm not
sure what their support is like.

GL,
Lee

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 02:01:22PM -0400, Paul D. Boyle wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My department is considering doing an upgrade of it's mail server, and
> I am looking for hardware recommendations.  Particularly, vendors who
> sell complete systems and have good Linux support at a reasonable price.
> The box's main tasks will be to run sendmail, pop, imap, and apache which
> provides a web interface to users' mail.  The server usually sends out
> about 100 MB of mail/day.  I don't know the stats for incoming mail.
> Large attachments aren't uncommon but are limited to 5 MB by University
> policy.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions and recommendations.
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Paul D. Boyle			    |	boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
> Director, X-ray Structural Facility |	phone: (919) 515-7362
> Department of Chemistry - Box 8204  |	FAX:   (919) 515-5079
> North Carolina State University     |	http://www.xray.ncsu.edu
> Raleigh, NC, 27695-8204
> TriLUG Organizational FAQ:

Microsoft: for whom the bell tolls...