[TriLUG] ANy interest in VoIP on Linux?

Lee Fickenscher elfick at trilug.org
Sun Apr 13 15:30:50 EDT 2003

If you have a PBX server, you should be able to get away with analog
phones such as Comdial. I think this is how we are set up at my office,
though I haven't really taken a close look to be sure. We have VoIP on a
T1 that is split 75/25 voice/data and it is routed through an edge
device to an old comdial win95 server. I've seen IP phones and I'm
pretty darn sure the POS phones we have aren't IP, so there must be a
way to do it with analog.

-Lee

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 12:04:12PM -0400, err0rr wrote:
> this may be of interest to you
> http://www.asterisk.org/
> Asterisk is an open source Linux PBX,  I've been meaning to play with it and
> a couple ip phones around my house, but ip phones are damn expensive =\
>     -Tim

Microsoft: for whom the bell tolls...