[TriLUG] recommendation for laptop running vmware

Ron Joffe ron.joffe at sienatech.com
Sun Apr 13 21:16:19 EDT 2003

On Sunday 13 April 2003 08:53 pm, Ed Hill wrote:
--Snip
> I wish I could say the same about my Thinkpad A21p.  Its a great laptop
> and I love everything about it *EXCEPT* it won't work with the VMWare
> drivers at anything other than the default 640x480.  Which is rotten
> considering that I have a 1600x1200 LCD screen.
-- Snip

Ed,

Can you get me a copy of your Xfree config file. Which distribution are you
running? Did you have to recompile the VMWare drivers? I would like to take a
look and see if I can help out. My experience has been that VMWare is rather
picky. I have also had a lot of luck using the VMWare Usenet group for
answers.

Ron

--
Ron Joffe