[TriLUG] web log analyzer

ryan ryan.wheaton at attbi.com
Tue Apr 15 00:36:34 EDT 2003

hello,

I'm looking into setting up a web log analyzer for our web site that is
located off site in a hosting facility.  What I was hoping to accomplish
was to set up a linux box that would monitor the logs remotely on site
(of the IIS web server at the hosting facility).  I've looked into both
awstats and analog, and the installs for both pieces of software seem
quite straightforward when installing on the same machine where the logs
are located, but can't seem to find any docs for what I'm trying to do.
 Does anyone have a similar set up for what I'm trying to achieve, or do
I just need to suck it up and install the log analyzers locally on my
web servers?  thanks again in advance.  seems like you guys are always
bailing me out whenever i've hit a wall...  :-)

v/r
-ryan