[TriLUG] Re: more spamassassin, procmail, damaged 'from' line and beyond

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 17:17:02 EDT 2003

--- James Manning wrote:
> > [Turnpike Man]
> > To:
> > :0:
> > /dev/null
> >
> > With that change, no longer would messages accumulate in caughtspam, but
> they
> > would literally disappear, right??
>
> yes, but false positives will happen at some point.

This is good to know and other good info as well, but I don't know if I'm
suddenly ready to jump into the spam/ham thing just yet.  If there was a way to
determine where an email goes based on its number of hits, that would be great.
 If an email message got 5.3 hits, I might want to label that as **SPAM** and
check it myself to see... but if an email gets 15.3 hits, it would seem that
would be unmistakably spam and should be immediately forwarded to /dev/null.
Is there a way to do this?  After having this setup and running for a little
while, and tweaking some basic settings along the way, maybe then I'll be ready
for spam/ham AI learning!

thanks!
David M.

~~life is but a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves~~