[TriLUG] gnome desktop panel question

Loren Watterson loren_watterson at unc.edu
Tue Apr 15 16:56:29 EDT 2003

I've managed to somehow mess up my gnome desktop behavior
and I'm hoping someone might know the magic incantation
to restore things to "normal".  Whenever I minimize
an application or terminal window, the minimized
box no longer shows up on the main desktop panel
at the bottom.  I've been through the main edge
panel configuration options (rigth click->Panel->Properties)
and can't find anything about minimization behavior
that I can change.  Anyone have any ideas on how
to change this?  It's been going on for a week or so
and I've gotten in the habit of just double-clicking
on the title bar to collapse the window, but every once
in a while I minimize something out of habit where it
then disappears into the twilight zone.

The box is a fairly plain RH7.3 workstation install.
Thanks in advance!
Loren
lo_at_unc.edu