[TriLUG] more spamassassin, procmail, damaged 'from' line and beyond

Corey Mutter mutterc at nc.rr.com
Wed Apr 16 10:40:17 EDT 2003

This is pretty much my .procmailrc (email addresses deleted to protect
against spammers). Note that you need the backslashes because the pattern
is a regular expression so asterisks have special meaning unless
backslashed. Also as a bonus, I threw in the rule that lets me read TriLUG
mailing list email in non-digest mode without getting my Inbox deluged.
Putting the folders in the Mail directory (and setting my imapd to use
that directory by default) allows easy folder-picking in mutt or Mozilla.

# If SpamAssassin spamlevel >= 10, delete the message.
:0
/dev/null

# If SpamAssassin spamlevel >= 7, move to spam folder
:0
Mail/spam

# If spamlevel >=4 and message was to [old email address] , move into spam folder
:0
* ^TOmutterc at old-isp-that-forwards-to-Roadrunner
Mail/spam

# Mail from the TriLUG mailing list goes into a special incoming folder.
:0
* ^TOtrilug at the-address-one-sends-list-postings-to
Mail/trilug-incoming

Enjoy!
Corey