[TriLUG] Novell going the Linux way

Mark Shuford davemarcus at pobox.com
Wed Apr 16 16:58:23 EDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:22:23 -0400
John Beimler <john at radiomind.com> wrote:

> and here's what the CEO has to say:
>
> /"Linux is an immature operating system," he continued. "It hasn't had
> somebody like Novell worrying about making it robust, reliable and
> scalable. We think we can bring that to the Linux kernel." - Jack
> Messman, Chairman and CEO of Novell/
>
> Because we all know that Red Hat, IBM and of course SCO (Caldera) have
> added nothing..

Hmmm... Well, gee Novell... If you're so fancy on *NIX-like OSes... I don't recall you doing a whole lot for the real thing while you owned _it_!

Bunch of ingrates...

--
Mark Shuford

Now I know what a statesman is; he's a dead politician. We need more statesmen.
					--Bob Edwards

Visit me at: http://www.krazeemark.com  (Got the blog up...)