[TriLUG] more spamassassin, procmail, sendmail

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 10:39:23 EDT 2003

--- Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> You definitely don't need spamassassin.lock (and the trailing colon)
> when calling spamc.  It won't *hurt* though.  I use this:
>
> :0fw
> | /usr/bin/spamc
>
> But you need to make sure the spamd daemon is running.  If you installed
> spamassassin by RPM, spamd is a normal service that can be controlled
> with "service", "chkconfig", or the GUI program that configures
> services.  (I think the service is named spamassassin, though, not
> spamd, which is a little confusing.)

Yes, the service is named spamassassin instead of spamd, rpm install sets it on
in 2345 by default (version 2.44 of SA).  Making this change significantly
changed the processing time.  Now I am back down to 3-4 seconds!  Awesome!  I
think SA is already getting smarter yet I haven't done anything, I keep
forwarding around the same crappy spam message I made up and it keeps giving it
more and more points... go SA go!

thanks!
David M.

~~"Life is but a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."~~